Woman by pen-ace

WOMAN

What if I don't want to be equal to him?
Satisfied and content in my skin
My brassieres, my heels
Yes, I'm unable to swat cockroaches
And spiders mortify me
It doesn't make me a lesser me
He could pay the bills, bring home the cheese
I'll do the laundry and pick the beans
He'll make quick fixes, mow the meadows
I'll make good meals and bathe the kids
I don't want to fix my flat tyre
Sweat and ruin my mascara!
I think he's pretty at office administrations
But suck at house decorations and party preparations

What if the word 'submission' appeals to me?
And I want to be the woman behind him not the wheels?
I'm who, man?I'm woman!
I love to be nurtured and cuddled
Spoiled rotten, worshiped and pampered
Put on my lipstick and six inches
And wait for the door to be opened for me

I'm at the top of my world
And in my next life or world
I'll come back as me
Unapologetically..
As woman as I can ever be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU