HOPE BY MOTHEROFYOUTH

HOPE

I have seen them wallow in pains and shames
I have watch them crawl in fears and tears

Beneath the Bridges was were they lay
In endless wait for a vain lies
Just a bread we do the miracle for the day
As they wait for some gain

I have watch them show love to passers by
Cleaning their foots and bowing cheerfully just for a handful of bread for a day

I have seen them smile
Even in the mist of hunger
Oh! A life of hope
Much more better than a life of greed

I have also watch them
Been chase away like they are flies
But in patient they come back holding and pleading
That you save a soul

I have seen mothers wrap up with children
A cry in hand
A weakling at back
But with a face of hope
Oh! Yes for a better tomorrow

The comfort from the breeze
Becomes their shield
No fear from danger
Nothing out there they have not seen or come across before

In all of this
A nice home
Is still not a poison
To them........
(C) motherofyouth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU