WHY DO YOU WRITE? BY PRINCE JOE

WHY DO YOU WRITE?

My belief  and your  belief - if taken  serious; Is that we  all  write  for a certain  purpose. Actualization  doesn't forward your  biography, in terms  of  writing. Sometimes, when  we write, we tend to understand  the complete opposite  of ourselves. I have  written some literary  errors  that I do  appreciate  a lot,not because of my  low sense of understanding, but I just love  being normal and  sarcastic - sometimes,  and I  don't care if my  dictions  are not best to your satisfaction, mine is to pass my message - I guess I am not being rude in this sense. Poeple dont understand you, and they can't. Writing is not all about putting words together, and posting to different social media for publicity or applauding your writing, it's not done in that way. When you write, ask yourself some questions like;
1. What am i writing?
2. What inspired me?
3. Is this write-up good enough?
4. What if am criticized?

The above growth questions may seems very tough to answer. That's why we rush into writing and drop a beautiful poppy cock. In that sense, we are executing some things needed to stand like a defense for us in future. Let's explain those questions.

-----what am I writing?

On many occasions when I write, I see myself in it. I see some words coming into reality. I see some lines dropping from my heart like it's a burning desire, and I don't regret when penned. I write on death -- I love such writing; children, sex,water, peace, war, love - sometimes.These themes not just happened on my mind, I let myself into the realms of my environment, I study so well. Things around me. Every poem must dash 3 things: message,convince,orientate.

-----what inspired me?

Sure. I get inspired a lot when reading books -- be Novel,Poetry, Articles. Even watching Movies, my best is gotten from there. The society too inspired me, even flashback of my memories, they play a lot on my mind. Getting inspired of something doesn't give you full reason to make your work beautiful/ you need to go deeper into it. Example; reading a chapbook about RAPE certainly doesn't give the full meaning of RAPE in that chapbook, the author's view is limit to his/her own imagination, research, so don't admit all subject in a book is correct if proper findings is not attained.

------is this write-up good enough?

On this. My best is needed. Though, I do Novice myself for every writing, I don't seem to give myself an applaud. So, I do wonder when poeple message me - privately, to ask questions on that same post that widen their eyes to the errors of the society - that was when I started writing, but now; things have changed, my thinking has changed, my lines are now being proud of me, my readers are now hoping for more,even better than. This thing is: when writing, try to make the best out of you, don't hope that your poem is the worst ever, improve your sense of understanding for  the fact that: for every writing, you're expected to do the best in you,your readers bears the end of your writing, if good or bad, they will tell.

-----what if am criticized?

You need not to bother about this. For every critic,sincereity is the best of all. Of recent, I read a chapbook, the title was mind-blowing, but the poems were out of point. I was forced to call the author,she said: the themes  were dropped for her to write on, so she compiled everything in a chapbook.The thing is: there's no excuse in Writing, fine,the themes were dropped for you,not your muse, then writing in a connonative language is not actually the best way to apprehend the poems, try to show an opposite meaning, not on a surface level. Unfortunately,she still admitted  that the collection was her best, I never denied. I tried to correct some grammatical blemish, she still not found fault, I guess I am being too forward to have called her attention. So,I concluded that: why do she write poetry? No reply.Then I let my feelings do the rest. Not all critics is meant/certain to be correct, it's just a view of point. That's what she tend to understand.
So, try to have a reason for writing!

Thank you.

#Princejoe
21/2/18.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU