WHEN YOU TASTE YOURSELF BY PRINCE JOE

WHEN YOU TASTE YOURSELF

#Fiction.

The night was not at her best concentration. Echoes of overlapping voices beginning to  settle behind our backyard, I am not just alone.But Indoor. My mother left that night to vigil. She probably not come home that night. My father's out for work. I don't know the nature of his job - I guess it's like something related to Engineer due to the color of his clothe. My sister and brother are far asleep. You know how you feel when darkness is the only friend keeping you company.

My mind was stucked into a bag of fears. Eyes becoming heavy to see clearly. The voice breaking at any slight of a pronounced sentence. I stood. Walking like a bewildered wind. I probably die tonight if case become worse. The voice still at the best of its existence. I thought of waking my sister, but she do sleep like this is her last dinner - I guess she do swallow something; perhaps, drug,drink,smoke, but she never snore and her mouth nor body never smell. My brother's that kind of person that never get scared. A very gallant being like me. Not that I am scared, you know in some  cases when you can't feel not yourself, anymore.

'Death is whispering'. I said.  My feelings stretched wider than the Language in my mouth.Nobody's at home. Just I and my sister and a little bro. Fire must exchange hands, today.  I left to the kitchen to pick a knife. My father told me never to use the knife - newly bought for my sister alone.  But not anymore. I needed to defend myself this time, and my blood mates too.

'Can you really defend yourself?'.My mind asked. Immediately, I felt the passion of the words. I dissolved into the lyrics of lost soul. Many things began to rush into the fragile sense of my heart. I wiped off my face and walked towards the backyard.

'Gosh!" I screamed.

My legs began to find spaces to run into. My legs were actually injured by an unknown object - maybe snake; or stone because our backyard is kind of messed up. I rushed restlessly into the sitting room with blood gushing out of my both legs. I tried to calm myself of the pains by gulping a little quantity of  wine. Still not satisfied. My heart began to reduce  the volume of its breathing.

"I, Emeka,won't die now!'. I forcefully proclaimed. The voice still became indisposed like wanting to burst into the sitting room. I don't know the spirit that came upon me, I feel like knowing exactly the reason behind the strange voice. The funniest thing was: the voice is not a fully recognised something. I can't really have a glimpse of it. I stood up from the chair and led my pains to the backyard, gently moving like a thief about to escape a building. Immediately my foot stepped on the last step in our backyard, I sighted two fading reflections like humans - not actually sure. I moved close with my last breath holding myself with pains. 

"What's this!" I shouted ontop of my voice.  It was actually my crush and a stranger meeting(sex) themselves. I fainted.

*After 1 week*
I lost my sight & my crush had HIV.

The end.

As Written by:
Adeniran Joseph.

#Safesex #staysafe #Discipline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU