FEBRUARY BY UNDILUTED POET

FEBRUARY
.
.
The letters of her name led me to the beach
Opened my ears to tossing waves
Dissolved me in the colours of water
And my body broke into a poem- here is a piece of me
.
F- Flowers, music, art, silence, memories, nature, poetry, rainbows, beauty and butterflies; this place is spinning into a lullaby, the preacher said this was the earth before the test
.
E- Every turn reminds me of a friend, the last time i called her name, a leaf fell from a tree, God clad his lips with diverse tongues
.
B- Bob left with a word, i sowed it on the soil of my heart, it grow into my mother's image, it was beautiful living in her illusion again-life itself is a mirage
.
R- Reminiscing times is like living in songs, the wind filled my body with birds, i sang and became free- it's what we do when our skins find solace in storms
.
U- 'Until we forge a face out of the sun, we'll always see our reflections in dark mirrors' - said a man whose mouth is a castle of 28 ghosts and graven images
.
A- A boy in my veins went on exile with his father's tomb in his throat, he never survived- you don't carry the dead with you, you pray them into God's eyes
.
R- 'Remember to bend your knees before cock crow, it's the only way to chase your demons without running'-said grandmother
.
Y- You master the language of demons by facing them, February is too fateful to be fought with fear, free the god in you to work- we are aliens with angelic strength
.
.
© Olabisi Abiodun Akinwale
Undiluted Poet
#UndilutedPoetry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU