MYSTERY OF THE RHETORICAL gODS BY PRINCE JOE

MYSTERY OF THE RHETORICAL gODS

Let me show you how
I mocked the gods from their anus.
I picked a broken piece of their burnt offering,
And sprinkled it over the roof of their women's clitoral hood,
  -Out of pity.

I let my lips glide gleefully,
In the red fountain flowing,
From the other end of the grey-hair.
This makes the gods' eyes to sing an elegy.
Thus, the man in me spark out solemnly;
Don't run away from yourself, grasp firmly your eyes,
Like a pregnant widow awaiting  delivery.

Touch your breathe; are you still breathing?
If yes, duel then with your shadow &strangle him,
Be not scared, this is you becoming a man.
Be afraid and get  yourself buried alive
In a place of broken dawn of brokenness.

I ask myself an unanswerable question
Each time I visit the dream city.
I say, why are gods so cunning to die young?
gods flirt like rivers buried on a placebo lips,
Changing rich families to pitiably written history.
I nod my head and hold my tears as I mediate on these.

Yet, I love to burn fire on them,
And tear their mouth apart into broken pictures
'Cause I care not, whether they get hurt,
After all they are called gods.
No wonder they are buried, not in mansions,
But in places of hunting dark shadows.
I fear the evidence of evil grinning under my boxers,
Like a rope dancing around  humanity's neck.

Are we going to shut our mouth
Before the opening door of these enchanting bodies?
Funny how humans still could not fathom the implications
Of depriving the gods of their mystical homes
And even swear an oath, as they got burnt to ashes which
Paint the teeth of mad men on the streets.
Fear the gods and break your destiny,
For gods are not to blame if they ensnare you
In confines of shallow rhetorical questions
Where you lose your wit to its depth.

As Written by:
Adeniran Joseph
   Prince Joe
    2-0-1-7
[POETRY IS LIFE]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU