I AM NOT OF THIS WORLD BY AHMED JAMIU

I AM NOT OF THIS WORLD

Don't search for me;
I'm the spooky dreams on the horizon,
Gleaming from up high like a chandelier,
The imaginary lines;reflection of a mirror,
Projected outward real; but inverted image.

Don't look for me;
I'm the fiery fire in the mouth of the dragon,
The burning sand from the blazing desert,
That melt the wobbled feet of a  wayfarer,
Lost in the belly of an endless mazy route.

Don't bother to have me;
I'm the sharp-edge-words of a rocky spear,
From the craggy mouth With a broken tongue,
Fired outward like a missile from the launcher,
To pierce through the veil of the stony-heart.

Don't catch feelings;
You have been chewing my name for long,
Like the cud in the mouth of a starved goat,
That kept regurgitating the strange instinct
And feelings buried deep down her paunch.

Don't trip for me;
if you don't comprehend the language
Of water enough to walk through its breast,
If you can't stand in between the roaring sea
For I'm an ocean with clasp of sinking waves.

Don't chase me;
If you don't know the voices of the wind,
That kept howling like the hungry wolves,
In the middle of a deadly desert forest,
For I'm the wind that elope with the time.

Don't run after me;
If you can't bend to kiss the lip of the sun,
When I'm lost amidst the aureole of the light,
Find me not in the hands of the darkness,
For I'm the shadow of the unravel mystery.

Don't fall for me;
If you can't climb the tongue of heaven as stairs,
To see where the sun and moon rest their light,
To question the protruding eyes of the sky,
For I'm the tears dripping down from its faces.

Don't think about me;
If your mind is not crowded with healing words,
Like the four sacred book of the testament,
That contains the antidotes of life, existence.
For I'm the writer of to live is also to die.

Don't go for me;
If you can't withstand fire without sweating,
Like the statue of the greek goddess in fire,
That kept burning long after they have gone,
For I'm a god of word ; I'm not of this world.

© Jamiu Ahmed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU