PRIZED JEWEL BY PEN-ACE

Prized Jewel

Bubbles of beauty dance before my eyes

To the speechless songs my silence steals

The life I have is a prized jewel

Tis  the harmonious tune I hum to

It's rhythm of strings and gongs calls

Can you hear?

It rings a bell

I want to climb it's dense branches

Suckle off its bounteous fruits

I want to drink from it's lush leaves

Relishing it's healing tonic

A feast and banquet it sets before me

Slathered with milk, wine and honey

My tummy growls like  wroth winds

Death is dead and nisus is not his friend

So I'll yield to the winds and let it glide me

To the edge of earth

Where life's insane

To the edge of earth

Where breathing is free

My crazy yells enough of being cozy

It shows me mountains beckoning for caress

To behold the hills in their lonely longings

To see the seas swiveling with seductive elegance

Even the valleys arrayed like maidens waiting to be wooed

How can I then squander such sweet a life in slothfulness?

I forbade me to meddle in mediocrity and misery

Death is boring enough, I shall let life amuse me

©PEN-ACE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU