REMEMBERING MY FATHER'S SPELLINGS BY PRINCE JOE

Remembering my father's spellings:

You're beautiful like a theme of coffee
Nothing smell perfectly like yourself,
In the rain, we run after our shadows
Father's the laughter behind our smiles.
I plugged in a kiss into my mother's skin
She ached in my dreams before nightfell
We don't understand ourselves in reality;
Because life is a confused wind blowing
We try to balance our feets like
We are to search for boys under holy water
My father's a brown old body cooked
With egusi powder mixed with melon Juice
He spelts his red name with the distance
Of ladies' breasts in a role of jargon lust;
I am already moulding myself into the
Picture of my early late father's father
& everything is into close doors.
My mother, a city lost into heavy downpour
We are all finding ourselves a blanket
It's cold here, & i am not holding your hands
Because spellings are letters of ghost.
Father, what you really taught us is still
A dirge in my mouth & i want to know
The language you never speak
May be it may teach us the way
To paradise in our rough dreams.
I know we lack boldness in a waterfront
But, you can create us a city like yours
Full of pure grey white & blue memories
Because somethings are meant hidden.
When we are called out for spellings
My mouth feels remnants of dirtiness
& the only thing my mother taught us
Is to crave for inspiration when dying
But I am running another direction
& I don't want to get lost here or there:
Teach us another spelling, please!



#Princejoe
#poetryislife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU