SAVE THE CATS BY JOSEPH JASEF

SAVE THE CATS

I walk downtown the city,
Through the lonely part,
The sky was Asleep,
Stars illuminate.

Breeze Chase each other in Humility,
Dogs bark like a Spirit is around.
I walked on the eggshell,
Looking around if any shall show.

I heard cats meowing in different parts,
Supplying the night with Euphonious tone.
But as I approach their midst they dashed into the thin air.
"Why? Why will they run" I couldn't stop asking myself.

A beautiful black Kitten,
Tried her best to run but her legs were too weak to attempt.
I bend down and softly carried it.
But on her eyes I saw fears.

I saw different cat eyes gazing from their hidden,
Looking if I shall kill the Kitten,
Then I knew why they all fled,
Human have no love for cats.

Yes we may say some are possessed,
But Aiint Human Possess?
Listen to the dirge of Innocent Cats,
Stop the Killing of Cats and lets live in unity and peace.

Stop the killing of Cats

*Joseph Jasef
*2017©

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU