RAINFALL AND THUNDERSTRIKES BY PRINCE JOE


How do we spell our names when the cloud
Has clot our mouth with salty waters?
For us not to venture our hands into murky.
We now bury our eyes beneath our shadows,            And Dancing to raindrops of plump poetry.
How do we kiss a lover that lost his(her) lips
At the momentary garden of awaiting bullet?
For our love for nature can never be folded.
Whennever I see my brother picking a rain,
I run to my mother's thigh to ask why it's so,
But she will say, "rainfall and thunderstrikes"
My mouth couldnt  digest the language well,
As darkness enveloped my eyes--i was lost.
This is how I became blindfolded for 3 nights,
Just like fire burning inside the eyes of a boy.
My mother threw me  in the hands of thunder,
As I walked my legs into the valley of storm,
Where eyes were opened to see how raindrops
And the origin of thunder that do strikes.
I sat on the tongue of rain and folded my laps,
I saw angels falling into rainbows in my mouth
While ashes dancing into darkness of dawn.
I said in my mind"Is this how we make heaven?
A voice replied me"No! This is who you're"
For humans are angels that fall into the mouth
Of unknown being like rainbow rising at its feet
I still couldn't comprehend as I cry into myself,
I met love, promise, covenant, flowers and lust.
Now I started to sense the meaning of them;
Love is universal
Promise is nature
Convenant is existence
Flower is pride
Lust is end.
Those were the things my mother was describing when I was lost into another world.

As written by:
Adeniran Joseph
  Prince Joe
    2-0-1-7
[POETRY IS LIFE]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU