EXIST BY PRINCE JOE

EXIST
   (For boys and girls of lost vision)

I learnt how to pray with my eyes like my body were mirror.
Prayers do burn into pages of silence streets. Sometimes.
&
I wonder why my shadow can't eat with me at nights. Is he dead or alive?
 
We are like boys that learn how to die
From the mouth of a bullet--pooh-pooh!

Are boys also fragile too?

I thought boys learnt to live in another's man body and call it--Aragbe laiye.

While girls learnt to suck the dick of another's woman and call it--Aiye latiba.

I became papa's best friend at the age of 10 but I lost my voice & my legs too.

Sorrows pay you visit like a sudden rain dancing on the roof of a mad man.

I don't want death but I need survival.
   How would you survive when your body
    Is filled with gods' riches?
   Do you think you could survive death too?

I feel Like holding death with my hands
To show him(her)how it hurt to die too. 
&
I wonder why people die with their bones lost into voices of birds.No wonder papa said:
-We are dust at dusk
-we are brokenness
-we are too fragile

Papa never lied. But he left me too.
      & He lied too.

Why would silence becomes dead souls companion? Are they not  humans too?

I love dancing beneath my fingers
    &tweaking my waist,
     But when nightfall on my head,
        -I bury my body into rivers of lost.
              -'cause nights are language of death.

Help me put my life in my mouth;
   -I don't want to die like the way boys without fathers died too.

Each death started in your head, while fighting to escape throuh your nose.
   But forgotten that our bodies are for death.

  Lif isn't what people call it anymore!
         Life is just living without no life.

As Written by:
Adeniran Joseph
    Prince Joe.
       2-0-1-7
[POETRY IS LIFE]

Glossary:
Aragbe laiye-we buy life to live.
Aiye latiba-We met it in this world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU