WE BURY OUR FEARS INTO PRAYERS
After Abioye Samuel

"...We let out our greif and say
                  them through prayers..."
 - Abioye Samuel.

I can remember vividly how
     solitude smells
like my grandfather's passion
       for sticks
& i wonder why death doesn't come
for my body, because I
      know too much

but when the table of
     grief turns to me
i kneel beside my grandmother's body
& pray into perfection
         maybe then my body

will come alive again, and
   again, because staying
     beautiful is a posture of survival
& my room doesn't inspires love poems

because my grandmother
        died as a virgin
on an island close to the
           peak of a troubled city
painted with indifferent colours of demons.

there, silence is a damsel
         in disguise
but flowers doesn't
            grow in my room
so don't ask me how love looks like
when my body is made
           of loneliness.


#princejoe
#poetryislife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU