OF BLOOD AND WATERS[ Short story] by ADENIRAN JOSEPH.


OF BLOOD AND WATERS.

It sucks here. Each door smells of decayed skulls and rusted metals. The roof of the Building we are in is a brown sort with stripes of whitish cottons. My name is Alex Ferguson, the only son of my father in a city of fallen waters. Here; I have three friends with me: Clinton, Mary, and Frez. My friends love me and I do too. We are always three for anything we do. If we are half, the mission can never be commenced. We must be three. This shows the mutual feelings between us. We are all from wealthy families. folded million of smiles that greets you every time you rise from bed to the feet of the sun. I'm always delighted and grateful for the condition I am. But never would I make a good thing out of it. I have spent almost 21 times in prison. From one case to another. Today Rape, tomorrow might be Murder. Everything keep falling off my existence. Still, I keep to myself. I was in my room sleeping when my friends invited me on a journey I never wanted to go. Maybe because my car was available.
================================

"I think we are in a wrong place" frez said with folded lips and loosed voice.

The Building I was invited really stinks. The smell is a heavy dosage of lasting poison. We ran to another room. Still within the same Building. My heart beat faster each time a voice strikes the walls. I remembered death and the meaning of survival. Our feets still didn't keep on balance, we still continue finding for place to escape the Building. My friends told me this Building is full of secret Gold. I laughed hard. Who could keep such here?. I believed them because they never seems to cover the truth in sins. We are all victims to ourselves. We are all in one room. Suddenly, a strange hand held frez into the wall. I lost to tears. We all departed like wind into darkness. I hardly found my balance till I reach a room cloistered with blood and broken bottles. The room was empty. Just broken bottles left like a forgotten dessert. I stood to my toes. My eyes pounced backward in my imagination. I froze. After few hours, I heard an emphatic scream from another room. Exactly the voice of Clinton. I rushed out aggressively.
=================================

I met Clinton full of blood. His eyes are already plugged out of his socket. Both hands are cut off. He's now naked. I couldn't speak nor sound. I wanted to faint but I couldn't. Something held me close. I ran out from the room to accompany Mary. I saw her too, dead. Her body is now a carbon of dead body. I couldn't even recognize her, If not for the necklace on her wrist. I stumbled outside. I didn't know what carrired me, I just know I am not myself. This time around tears began to force out rigorously. I blame myself for everything. I called death by name to come for my life. I don't believe God could rescue me from here. Within few minutes, I appeared in an environment not far from my house. I picked and dusted my race till I reached my room. Immediately I got to my room, I knelt down; and asked forgiveness of sins and confess. Now, I have shared my Testimony to 20 churches, I am still going to 100, I must testify to God's wonders in my life or what instead? I really need to.
==================================

(C) Adeniran joseph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU