LOST METEOR STARS BY TAYO TALEY

For the school children that lost their lives on an Abuja highway
.
Sighs falling down my face,
my wrinkles quaking like broken walls,
my hairs are stretched like pines,
bumbs building on my skin & obstructing
the waves of my sweat,
.
the tv screen painting the walls of of my room
with images of children that kissed the dust
on an highway road of Abuja
.
Their ghosts are seeking asylum somewhere in my eyes,
the speakers are wetting my ears with blood,
carrion has taken its toll,
it's building a nest on their bodies with its beak,
its bald head is a wall where the children's names are plastered,
its wings are ready to spread their carcasses in the wind...
.
the moon is crescent tonight,
like the shape of a curved sword,
I remembered holding the full moon on
a platter of idioms, memories are waiting
to ferry the crescent moon into my hands.
.
DEATH!!! Vengeance is coming on the day of
reckoning where shadows will fight back
to repay for the tears you gave them to drink
when you burnt their bodies.
.
Joshua O. Aire
#TayoTaley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU