LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE BY MESIOYE JOHNSON

LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE

for a better language:
rule 1: drop a teary word beside your next smiling sigh,
rule 2: find home through rivers scripted on your face.
basics: lover, there are words splattered on my soul's lips
forming your name in epitaphs between falling tombstones
from my eyes in waters moistured in memories
that made me search for images of our last kisses
somewhere in my heart,my memories,nothing, but...
(I dropped three tear drops only
for an ellipsis of cries and I moved on into fading love letters).
lover,
how your blood turned manure after sowing your shadow
which now grows in freshness of a stinking dream
made me a seeking legend of fine poems in a wordless coffin
full of ghostly dictions, so, I became a tourist finding
home in everything nourishing vultures in a land of bones,
in a soul flattened by feet of dirges — your breaths,
in a miracle brewed in bottles of beer for revival in its elixirs
forgeting myself in the rolling chills from the twentieth bottle
while something like your smile frothes over into my palms,
but I never knew it represented only its faded freshness,
I never knew you'll graduate in stones without teaching me
how you planted your shadow, perhaps, I would be digging
oldies' grave now to find you like seeds in a sandy silence,
remind me rules for a better language, please!

©Mesioye Johnson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY INVOICE ON A TALK WITH PRECIOUS PEN

SURVIVAL[FICTION] BY CHUKWUEBUKA HARRISON ANINZE

ADIRE HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2017 BY AHMED JAMIU